Saturday, August 21, 2010

Shells Shells and More Shells

After my family trip to Anna Maria Island in Florida, we had lots of shells we collected from the gulf. My oldest son and I went out at 6:30 AM one morning and found LOADS of shells. On the plane ride home, using my gypsy (of course) working on my layouts from our vacation, I thought about what could I do with all those shells. Well I decided to make my own wind chime from some of the shells we found.


Bowl full of shells
I had to drill holes in the shells to be able to
feed the fishing line through them.
I also wanted to give a little color to some of the shells, so
I spray painted a few of them blue.  Not completely,
just a couple of swipes.
Then I took a few of the shells and cut out vinyl using
Summer Vacation for the "BEACH"
Here is the finished project.  I added some gold beads I had also
from my grandma's crafts stuff.

8 comments:

  1. Such a neat idea! I always have tons of seashells and then can't figure out what to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh what a great idea. That came out great

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a creative project and a great keepsake from your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely idea for all those beautiful shells!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Leslie, your shell chimes are so special. Just knowing that you gathered them yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a really cool idea!! I would have never thought of that!! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is brilliant! I have a box of shells just waiting for something to be done with them from my last vacation....

    ReplyDelete